Thursday 9 October 2014

REVIEW Beauty Kitchen Moisturising Oil & Hand Scrub

Beauty Kitchen are a company based in Glasgow who manufacture and sell 100% natural beauty products. Their products claim to be 100% Natural, 100% Affordable and 100% Effective.



The contents of their products are not hard to check. Their website (www.beautykitchen.co.uk) is very open and honest about the ingredients they use. A quick glance at the site and you can see their products really are 100% natural. I often think that company's stick buzz words like 'Natural' and 'Organic' on the front of their products without actually living up to that name but Beauty Kitchen does. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm for instance. Bet you thought that was 100% Natural, as it claims on the tube. I know I did. 100% Natural to me means no chemicals, Limonene and Tocopheral don't sound too natural too me. However you'll be hard pressed to find any chemicals in these products.


Great affordable products are what everyone wants these days, aren't they? Now although I was fortunate enough to be sent these products by the beautiful Kirsten at Beauty Kitchen (who just so happens to be a good friend too) the products are so reasonably priced. Beauty Kitchen offer Bath and Body Hampers from £39.95 to Make Your Own Experiences at £25 where you can visit their Glasgow store and be shown how to make your own products, both of which make fantastic Christmas gifts.


100% Effective though? This was the one I was dubious about. In the past I've found the Organic/Natural stuff doesn't usually work as well as the stuff packed full of nasty chemicals! I mean surely there's a reason these chemicals are there! So although I thought the products might be good, I didn't know if they'd be great.



The first product I tried was the Inspire Me Shimmer Dry Moisturising Oil. When Kirsten asked if I wanted to try any of their products I asked if I could 'pretty please have something moisturising'. My body is still recovering from having a baby and there's a lot of skin that still needs moisturising and stretch marks that still need a bit of help. On first try I was a bit unsure about the smell. It's slightly too citrusy for me. However the scent doesn't linger too long so it's not something that would put me off the product and there are plenty other scents on offer. Beauty Kitchen say 'This dry oil absorbs quickly into the skin for a smooth, soft and non sticky finish' and I can't think of a better way to put it. It really does just that. Being an oil I thought it might be quite similar to Bio Oil, where I find Bio Oil takes forever to sink in and I find myself walking about like a naked scarecrow waiting on it to dry, a few moments and this oil had absorbed right in. I was able to dress pretty quickly without worrying that it was going to seep into my clothes. A little goes a long way. I didn't need to use a lot to cover the areas I wanted to and because it dries in quickly I wasn't left with the horrible oily mess on my hands that is murder to try and wash off. It made the areas that I had used it on super soft which I really liked. It straight away felt like it was working.


The second product I tried was the Indulgent Hand Scrub. Your hands get tired of looking after the rest of your body, so look after them with an amazing skin smoothing and renewing scrub. It's so good we all use it as a face scrub as well. Suitable for Vegans and 100% natural. Its a really simple, effective product. Its easy and quick to use. My main problem with nearly all beauty or skin products is that I forget to use them. I'm in my bed by the time I remember I should have cleansed and toned and I can't be bothered getting back out my bed to do it. I sit this scrub beside my bathroom sink and use it when I wash my hands. My hands feel all soft and nourished after using.


For now Beauty Kitchen can be found in their store at 117 Saltmarket, Glasgow and online at http://beautykitchen.co.uk/ but they have a wonderful collaboration happening soon with a leading UK retailer! Keep your eyes peeled for more information on that soon!


Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment