Thursday 9 April 2015

12 Month Update

A year ago, we welcomed Logan
A baby of our own.
Nervously and sleepily,
We took him to our home.


We figured out the nursing.
This goes how? and where?
We were told there would be crying,
And how to show we care.


A year has gone so quickly,
Yet we have learned so much.
We've felt a love so strongly,
In a baby's gentle touch.


His laughs and smiles. 
His pouts and tears.
Wow! He can get so mad!
But we wouldn't trade a minute,
As a thankful Mum and Dad


Without getting faaaar to soppy and far too cheesy this has been, obviously and without a doubt the best year of my life. In the last year I have been deprived of sleep, privacy, regular showers, a social life to speak of, a summer holiday, shopping spree's and a whole bunch of other stuff but none of it matters. I have been shown unconditional love, I have been needed, depended on, I have breastfed for 8 months and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I burst with pride the second my little man was handed to me a whole year ago and I haven't stopped bursting with pride since. He has amazed me almost every day, the way he has thrived and learned and conquered this world. I have cried uncontrollable tears of happiness over his first laugh and uncontrollable tears of frustration when I couldn't understand why he wouldn't sleep but I wouldn't change a second of it.

My darling Logan, I love with you all my being and I will continue to love you forever more. You are truly the apple of mummy and daddy's eye you beautiful little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment