Wednesday 29 April 2015

1 Year On | Logan

Major Milestones
Logan's not quite walking yet but he's not far off it. His maximum is 9 steps on his own. He will quite confidently take 4 or 5 steps on his own to get from 1 place to another but anything more and he's a little scare. He will walk around for ages just holding on to someone's hand and he's now really good at holding onto just one hand. When he is outside on the grass he loves to run. He will hold onto a hand and he want's to bound away. Its so cute to watch. I think as his confidence on his feet grows the walking will get stronger and stronger.

Talking
As most babies his age he can make loads of sounds but I'm sure when he does say most noises he doesnt really mean anything by them. The only words I think he can say and understand their meaning is Mama, Dada and Hiya. He's not a big one for repeating words, if I say 'can you say Mama... Mama...Mama' over and over again he just looks at me like I'm an idiot. I always have this stupid worry that I don't talk to him enough or I don't read to him enough and that he's never going to pick up words and he won't learn to speak well but I think it's just one of those stupid irrational things that mums worry about. We try and read to him lots, though story time isn't part of our bedtime routine (it doesn't fit in at the moment) We are forever singing to him and talking around him so hopefully he will start picking up words shortly.


Favourite Toys
Toot Animals | Thats Not My... books | Make-up Brushes | TV Remote
Need I say more?


Attitude
The majority of the time he's a delight, apart from the times he's being an arse! If he is grumpy it's usually first thing in the morning but when he wakes up from his morning nap then he is right as rain. He has the odd day (like today) where he can be a bit if a whinger all day but thankfully those days aren't too often.
He's pretty strong willed which makes me slightly worried that he might be one for tantrums when he gets a little older. If he's playing with something he shouldn't be and you take it away from him or move him away from whatever it is he will through a massive strop. I am already trying to explain to him why he can't have/do whatever he has been doing but who know's if he understands any of it.


Likes & Dislikes
Yay
Rough & Tumble (typical boy), Being thrown about like a maniac, Buddy the Horse, Pulling Minerva's whiskers, Waybuloo, Horsey Horsey, Swings, Peekaboo, Watching Mummy & Daddy kicking a ball about, Eating, Opening and shutting any doors of any sort. 

Nay
Sitting still, cuddling on the couch, sitting in his pram for too long, wearing shoes, sleeping past 7am, 

No comments:

Post a Comment