Thursday 5 March 2015

REVIEW | My Buddy Box


When My Buddy Box got in contact and gave me the chance to review one of their boxes I was a bit dubious as to whether I'd use it or not but I thought I'd like to give it a try. Like Wales, Scotland now also has a minimum charge for single-use carrier bags in a bid to tackle Scotland's litter problem, so I thought the box would be handy to take the weekly shopping instead of carting around a million Bag's For Life.  The picture that accompanied their email was of a wicker/reed basket that I thought looked a bit old fashioned and more like a picnic basket, not something I'd take to ASDA with me to pack up my shopping. However when it arrived I was blown away with how cutesy it looked.
I'll admit I didn't do any research into the product before it arrived, so assumed they just had one kind of product, the one I'd seen online when actually they have loads of different designs to suit everyone.

The consumer has already been educated into the 'Bag for Life' concept of shopping - MyBuddy Box is the perfect answer to those regular customers visiting the store by car and particularly appeals to the 'heavy' shopper.
A rigid stackable box when open, it folds flat into a convenient, compact lightweight 'briefcase' for carrying or storage. Using the principles of origami, it folds down and is held together by self-fastenings.

I've used it for every supermarket shop since getting it. I had quite a lot of canned goods/jars on top of all the usual stuff, shampoo, baby food, vegetables. I was slightly worried that the box wouldn't be able to hold it all because it's really light. But it did without a grumble. 

Admittedly I still had to use a few bags for the super heavy things like milk and juice and I kept my eggs and bread in a bag of their own but the box is great for all the rest of the 'stuff' (I'm never sure how I manage to spend so much in the supermarket) I love it so much I'm considering buying another one.

I think it's perfect for anyone who drives to their supermarket and perfect for a busy mum who has more than one think to concentrate on when packing their shopping away.

To have a look at the range of MyBuddy Box's visit their fantastic website www.mybuddy-box.com. Join them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/my-buddy-box and on Twitter.com/mybuddybox. MyBuddy Box have been kind enough to give free postage and packaging to any of you who wish to purchase a box. Just use code: BABYSOCKS at the check out.


*This product was sent to me by MYBuddy Box for the purpose of this review. All photos, thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment