Friday 18 July 2014

Update.

I've been AWOL the last few days with the flu. It's bad at the best of times, imagine having the flu with a 3 month old baby. I was out of the game, in bed for 3 full days. I had a runny nose, sore head, a temperature, my body ached and I was exhausted, all the while my baby needed constant attention. That's where super dad came in. Luckily Gavin was off work for 4 days and without him I would have been lost. I did nothing for 3 full days other than feed my son. 

However it's been a week of firsts for Logan. He rolled over for the first time! To be honest we haven't done a lot of tummy time. He never seemed to enjoy it. I'd but him on his play mat or on our bed on his tummy and he'd just moan or cry. He's always had great neck control so I never forced the issue when he didn't enjoy it. But it seems when mummy's not around he loves it. Gavin had him on his play mat when I was in bed on Sunday and the smarty pants managed to roll over! Luckily for me Gavin came through to tell me after the first time and he preceded to do it again, and again and again. Needless to say every time we put him down on our bed now he's trying to roll over! 

We've also had lots more laughs. He is definitely finding his voice and he loves using it. Even when he cries he's learning to be louder! 

After his 3 month jags he stopped sleeping through the night for a few days. A few times he was waking up every 2 hours. On top of having the flu this nearly destroyed me. But being the trooper that I am I soldiered through (and the fact that I didn't have another choice) but luckily it didn't last. We're now back to sleeping from 10 till 6.

As always the great outweighs the bad! How has your week been? 

No comments:

Post a Comment