Sunday 28 December 2014

REVIEW | Baby's Big Box of Little Books by Allan & Janet Ahlberg


When I think back to my childhood and Christmas traditions some of my earliest memories are of evenings spent wrapped up in duvets on my mum & dad's bed with my brother reading The Jolly Christmas Postman by Allan & Janet Ahlberg. It was a story book filled with fairytale characters, games, jigsaws and much more. We read this book probably every day in December for years until the envelopes were ripped, pages were ruined and jigsaw pieces were missing. It was a much loved book in our household and a book that holds a lot of lovely memories for my family so I wasn't surprised when my mum told me she had bought it for Logan's Christmas. I hope he gets as much joy from it as I did.


I was surprised however, when Puffin got in touch and asked if I would like to review the latest children's book from Allan & Janet Ahlberg. Baby's Big Box of Little Books is a box of 9 little books aimed at baby's from 0-2 years. These board books are split up into categories and include everything your baby loves from Family to Toys and Games to Animals. Each page is dedicated to the everyday things that your baby will come across and are accompanied by Janet's iconic illustrations. They are perfect for little minds as they explore and learn details and recognise patterns. Although they are great books for your baby's development. I also think they are a great gift or keepsake. The come in a little box and they would a great present for any new family or for a little ones first birthday. Check them out on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babys-Big-Box-Little-Books

No comments:

Post a Comment